Thursday 10 January 2013

Jen's Granola

Decided to make this as a quick, easy option for cake club as I was short on time and I love granola (just baked another batch to have as breakfasts for the next week or so).

Makes a large jar - about 6 portions. Quantities were halved (though they really don't need to be exact) and recipe based on one from BBC Good Food website. Anything goes in this it seems - so use whatever nuts/fruit you fancy!

88g nuts - recipe said peanuts and pecans but I don't like peanuts and the pecans seemed very expensive so I used blanched almonds and hazelnuts.

225 g rolled oats - chunky ones

25 g sesame seeds

25 g sunflower seeds

a sprinkling of pumpkin seeds

a sprinkling of poppy seeds

43 g berries - I used cranberries, raisins, dried apple and mixed peel.

50 ml honey

63 ml sunflower oil

I blitzed my nuts in a food processor first to knock them down in to bite-sized pieces, then just mixed everything together in a bowl except the berries/dried fruit which I added about 5 mins towards the end of baking time.

Bake at 170 C fan oven for 20 mins ish, stirring occasionally. To crisp it up more leave it in for a couple of minutes extra/as long as it takes!

Serve with milk or greek yoghurt.

The finished product!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have a go at making this tonight :-) Yummy!

    ReplyDelete